About composite device for simultaneously supporting image acquisition and virtual serial port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ZhYa_2401356
Level 2
Level 2

I was planning to make a composite device for simultaneously supporting image acquisition and virtual serial port. But, adding CDC_DEBUG part although,the device could only work at UVC mode.I found that the Virtual COM enumeration was unsuccessful. (Modified code has been attached)

If you have the experience like this case, please help to analyze.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw in your project, I could not find a valid descriptor file. Please check if accidently you have changed the descriptor file. 

As you have mentioned that the UVC enumeration seems fine, but the CDC enumeration is not happening: - Please make sure you are uisng IAD-interface association descriptors to group the UVC and CDC related interfaces.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply! it was my mistake in uploading the right source code. And I have uploaded a valid descriptor file again. In addition, I found a interesting things that the compiled firmware can only successfully enumerate in windows_10 operating system, but not in windows_7 or windows_xp operating system. Can you help to analysis?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you attach the firmware? I want to test it here. I understand that it may not be related to firmware, but if you have the project we can debug better.

0 Likes
ZhYa_2401356
Level 2
Level 2

The firmware modified(cycx3_uvc_ov5640)by me based on the sourcecode(EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\cx3_examples\cycx3_uvc_ov5640).I tested this firmware by creating loopback (short TX_OUT to RX_IN) and enable local echo in TeraTerm (Setup->Terminal->Local echo) to see both sending and receiving. Unfortunately, it couldn't support sending and receiving data by using Virtual COM Port in Windows 10 OS.(Modified code has been attached)

0 Likes