DFB data format

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PiWy_2406846
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have exactly zero experience with the Digital Filter Block, but would like to program it to perform Enhanced PLL on a stream of data flowing from ADC (12 bit signed output of a SAR working in differential mode) and NCO (a pair of sine/cosine samples in quadrature). After reading about its architecture I know it is going to be HARD, but putting the coding complexity aside, please tell me about its data format requirements, because the documentation is unclear.

Internally it works on 1+23 bit data, but can it accept and/or produce 16-bit external data streams? I don't want any CPU involvement and can produce the NCO data in any format DFB likes, but there is no such freedom in the case of ADC. So, do I need a UDB-based pre/post-normalization stage or just bind them with a DMA and let them merrily mate?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Odissey,

I am stunned. Thank you very much for your MASSIVE help, which allows me to enter quickly into the world of PSocS.

All the best, Piotr

0 Likes