CYBLE-012011 and eddybeacon project - linker error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DhDa_2432241
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello, 

I have tried the example project from here. I got it to work with CYBLE-012011 by creating a new project with the components listed in this project. I was able to compile and flash and I was able to see the beacon in the android app listed in the pdf. So far so good. 

Now I want to add a bootloadable component to this project so that it can be flashed using an embedded host via UART. I added a bootloadable component and linked the UART bootloader hex file to it. I also added a pin which will call the Bootloadable_Load() and added code to set the BLE into bootload state. 

Now when I compile I get the following errors:

1. Build error: CY_BOOT: Section .cy_checksum_exclude size exceeds specified limit
2. Build error: section .cyloadablemeta loaded at [0001ffc0, 0001ffff] overlaps section .cy_checksum_exclude loaded at [0001fd00, 0001ffff]
3. Build error: The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'

It's a linker problem trying to figure out where to place the code. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DhDa_2432241
Level 5
Level 5

UPDATE:
If anyone is facing this issue. 
I got this to compile by changing the bootloadable component 'Checksum exclude section size (bytes)' field to 40. (default 0)
which is the size difference between the mentioned address fields ( 0x0001fd00 - 0x0001ffc0 = 0x40).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DhDa_2432241
Level 5
Level 5

UPDATE:
If anyone is facing this issue. 
I got this to compile by changing the bootloadable component 'Checksum exclude section size (bytes)' field to 40. (default 0)
which is the size difference between the mentioned address fields ( 0x0001fd00 - 0x0001ffc0 = 0x40).

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Dheeraj,

Are you getting the error still? Please share the project.

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes

Hi Anjana,
No. I have already posted the fix which I had to do in order to solve this in my previous comment. Thanks for asking. 

Dheeraj

0 Likes