Not able to program the demo "BLE 4.2 Data Length, Security, Privacy Project"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I bought the CY8CKIT-042-BLE development kit. I want to run the demo program named "BLE 4.2 Data Length, Security, Privacy Project". I can compile the program, but when I want to program it to the board, it says "the target device is not compatible with the project's selected device". Does it mean I need to buy another chip? I though I had bought the latest one and it should support BLE 4.2. Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Okay I have figured it out.  The PSoc Creator programmer asks you to select the device and then press the connect button at the bottom of the window. Then you select program from the list.  If the device doesn't match the device that the program was built for it gives you the message  the target device is not compatible with the project's selected device. You could change the device to CY8C-4247LQI-BL483 in the program by clicking on the Project tab and then selecting Device Selector and fine CY8C-4247LQI-BL483 in the device list click on it and then click OK.  The next issue is up-dating your Dongle to 4.2 follow this page http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/updating-cy8ckit-042-ble-kitprog-and-cysmart-usb-dongl.... You also need to update CySmart also. Or you could purchase a PSoc Ble 4.2 A kit,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

The kit is named CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A for BLE 4.2

Without the "A" it is a BLE4.1 board.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was mislead because these two kits (i.e., CY8CKIT-042-BLE  and CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A) are so on the website.

Also I have several questions:

1. I find that CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A is not available on Cypress, right? The only way is to buy from distributors?

2. It seems that CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A and CY8CKIT-042-BLE look quite similar, is it possible that I only buy some chips, not the whole development board to make the BLE 4.2 sample code run? In other word, can I buy required module separately to "upgrade" by BLE 4.1 development board?

Thanks

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Please post your code. So we can check it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't change anything, just want to try the sample code. The code comes with the PSoC Creator 4.0. Am I using the right code? Do you have any experience on that? Thanks. 

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

What example code are you using?  I don't see the BLE 4.2 Data Length, Security, Privacy Project in the list of example projects.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Okay I have figured it out.  The PSoc Creator programmer asks you to select the device and then press the connect button at the bottom of the window. Then you select program from the list.  If the device doesn't match the device that the program was built for it gives you the message  the target device is not compatible with the project's selected device. You could change the device to CY8C-4247LQI-BL483 in the program by clicking on the Project tab and then selecting Device Selector and fine CY8C-4247LQI-BL483 in the device list click on it and then click OK.  The next issue is up-dating your Dongle to 4.2 follow this page http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/updating-cy8ckit-042-ble-kitprog-and-cysmart-usb-dongl.... You also need to update CySmart also. Or you could purchase a PSoc Ble 4.2 A kit,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I find the "selecting Device Selector" as you mentioned. The chip on my development board is for BLE 4.1. So I have to buy the BLE 4.2 devices to test the new features. Thanks. I upgraded both the dongle and the development board.

0 Likes