Need Help in selecting an Efficiency EZ-USB Endpoint Buffer Config.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Experts,

I am using CY7C68013A-56pin + FPGA for camera data capture based on slave FIFO interface. My pipe plan: IN: video data; OUT:  cmd data takes only few bytes and will be sent from host pc to FPGA occasionally. I refer EZ-USB TRM 001-13670_OE.pdf (page 30, Fig.1-17) for the endpoint buffer configuration selection. My question is that based on Fig.1-17, which configuration is the best for my project. Actually I feel #11 maybe the selection but my OUT data is only few bytes which will be sent occasionally only. So is there any other better selection for the OUT pipe? Actually I considered EP1 OUT but finally I found it is not included in the slave fifo interface. So I need your advices on this issue. Thanks.

Brian Bai

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hermanth, got it and thanks  a lot.

Warm Regards,

Brian Bai

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Yes, #11 is the best configuration you can get because only EP2,4,6 and 8 endpoints are accessible to the GPIF transaction. You cannot use GPIF to send the data obtained from the EP1OUT endpoint.

The slave FIFO example we have has 2 endpoints(one OUT and one IN). You need to change the configuration to #11.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hermanth, got it and thanks  a lot.

Warm Regards,

Brian Bai

0 Likes