PSoC 5LP Power Supply

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaTr_1730276
Level 4
Level 4
First like given 10 sign-ins First solution authored

Hello everyone,

I've developed a new project with PSoC 5LP. The power supply of the SoC is 5V, but now I'm reviewing the project introducing a LDO set to 4.5V.

I would to know if I have to set in the project (in the system property -> Operation Conditions) all the row to 4.5 or I can keep 5V also working to 4.5V.

Which is the difference setting or not this parameters?

Thanks and regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you. Set the voltages to the real-world  4.5V. This will affect internal oscillator stability and the ADC conversions when you are using VDD as reference.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You can keep the settings at 5V. LDO is really for drop out, giving you an interrupt when power fails. This will give you the chance of shutting down some IO-pins to a safe state, so that the 30t crane stops before hitting the wall.

Bob

0 Likes
MaTr_1730276
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Bob,

thanks a lot.

I meant that I'm introducing an external LDO to keep the PSoC 5LP Power Supply stable to 4.5V.

Is the same? Can I keep the settings at 5V?
Best regards 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you. Set the voltages to the real-world  4.5V. This will affect internal oscillator stability and the ADC conversions when you are using VDD as reference.

Bob

0 Likes
MaTr_1730276
Level 4
Level 4

Bob,

I'm using an external quartz, and for ADCs I'm using External Vref generated by PSoC5LP with a PGA (fixed 1.024V multiplicated 2 as gain). The input range of ADCs is "0.0 to 2.048 (Single Ended) 0 to Vref*2.

In this case do you think could be any "Side Effectes" ?

Thanks and regards

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There are some more relying on that setting. Measure internal chip temperature and flash programming, bootloading ... I do not yet see why you hesitate to set the voltages as they really are...

Bob

MaTr_1730276
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks Bob, I've understood. I going to set the voltages to 4.5V.

Thanks a lot 

0 Likes