Uart

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I'm using uart on psoc 5 and I want to receive an 8 bit signal with 1 stop bit and parity of mark/space. How do I discover which is address and which is data.   
0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi omer 

why not you use the application "bootloader_host" on uart it will show you all data u want send/receive ...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Because i need to do it in psoc   
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The Uart component does all that for you. It is up to you on how you store the data or at what address. Here is an example program with the UART set to your requirements.  Read the Data sheet for additional information.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I want to use uart for rs422 protocol which use mark/space. I want to know how to determine if my recived byte is data or address and I can't figure it up.   
0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        Rs422 doesn't have an address. It is straight data it is just like RS232 but works at a longer range. You could us Cts ,Rts to select one from another.   
0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Here is a document on the RS422 vrs RS232.

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Are you talking about a CAN interface? Here is an example program for that interface.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I'm only want to use uart with 9bit Mark/space   
0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

This document explains what mark- space is and how to decode. Remember you can't connect an negative signal to the PSOC device. https://wcscnet.com/tutorials/introduction-to-rs232-serial-communication/

0 Likes