About .cywrk and .cywrk.user files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed the existence of these two files in a workspace.   It seems that the .cywrk.user one has much more stuff in it.  

My question if the content of the .cywrk.user is relevant for the integrity of the project.   The question has come to my mind when I unzipped a Nokia LCD 5510 project which comes with a .cywrk.Admin file which is not visible on the open workspace.   I opened the plain .cywrk and that PC created my .cywrk.tony.   Now, if I do work, add another project...   I assume the .tony will change.   What would happen if then I archive/bundle and send it back to Admin.   Would the user Admin see the updates with integrity?   

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The user files keep all the user relevant project changes: which files are open, the arranging of the tabs etc. Loosing the file does not have any impact on the project itself.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The user files keep all the user relevant project changes: which files are open, the arranging of the tabs etc. Loosing the file does not have any impact on the project itself.

Bob

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

It seems this allows you to save the settings of the author of the project
In  some projects, there are many user settings (Project-> Build Setting ...; etc)
I previously used 2 files xxx.cywrk.autor and xxx.cydsn / xxx.cyprj.autor
I changed the author  extension of this files    to my own

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool!   Nice feature,

Thank you guys,

Tony

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

@pavloven

The Project-> Build Settings are project relevant, they are not kept in the .user file

Bob

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7

Yes you are right. I opened a project in which there are no these files, but I saw the linker settings.
I think again I got it wrong. Excuse me.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7

It seems the file file .cywrk.XXXX can be useful

0 Likes