double UVC device (virtual device) - FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to program a composite USB 3 interface which enumerates as a double UVC device?

How should I program the descriptor and what else is it required to make it work?

I'm trying adding endpoints but it seems that modifying only the descriptor is not enough.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you plan to use 2 UVC interfaces? It can be done, if you just need for virtual purpose by setting the descriptors correctly. Please mention your requirement alongwith a block diagram to understand your requirement.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my system I have a stereo camera and other sensors that I want to acquire and send to a host computer through USB (please refer to the attached block system). I need to decouple the "other sensors" acquisition and the stereo camera one, because the camera would restrict the acquisition rate to 30 Hz (30 fps of the camera).

I would prefer to have a second UVC virtual device for the other sensors because it would be easy for me reading the data (since I have a working driver and a program for grabbing raw data). The host computer has a custom Linux OS and if I would have a COM device it would not be straightforward to program.

Do you have any example for programming virtual devices (descriptors and whatever is needed)? I don't have references for double virtual devices descriptors.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello caliao:

Does your problem has been solved?Now I meet the same problem as yours.I also want to enumerate a double UVC device.If you solved this problem,can you post out the way?Maybe your experience can give me some help,Thank you.

Best regards

Luca

0 Likes