UVC device JPEG format - FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm designing a stereo UVC device with the CYUSB3014 FX3 and two AS0260 CMOS sensors. I took the AN75779 as reference design, which allows to interface one MT9M114 with YUY2 output format directly to the GPIF-II port of the FX3. The AS0260 is actually similar to the MT9M114, but with higher resolution. It outputs in JPEG format, providing higher performances in terms of fps (thanks to the compression).

I'm wondering if it is possible to use the reference firmware to make it work with JPEG format.

JPEG has variable LV (line valid), that's my only concern. I'm afraid that the state machine can stuck.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you concerned about JPEG or MJPEG? We have implemented MJPEG based UVC project. 

Please let me know what are the kind of variable FV you expect?  is it the FV assertion time or the FV duty period? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is JPEG format. But I can also choose MJPEG format in principle. I was talking about LV (my mistake, I'm going to edit the initial post). What changes in the LV is not the assertion time, but the duty period, which is variable.

0 Likes