Bluetooth visibility in Android

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

we are having an issue in developing an Android app.  The app is visible and the pcb connects fine with an older Android version - but not with the latest Android.  Has anyone experienced this issue?  Phone won't even show the item although the phone's bluetooth antenna will.

Problem seems to lie within the App.  Any ideas?

thank you and I appreciate your time.

best,

Francisco.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you try using CySmart. Are you facing the same issues with the CySmart App also?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hima, thank you for your reply.​   CySmart works fine.  That's the funny thing:

-CySmart works fine old android or new.

-App we developed works fine old android KitKat, but in a new Android 7.0 the PCB board won't register on the app.  It's broadcasting as it comes up on the phone's bluetooth list, just on the app itself it wont.

I wonder if I could get the CySmart code to see what on earth we are doing differently as CySmart can connect in new Android no problem.  We have wrecked our heads on this and can't figure it out. 😞 

Help!

thanks 🙂

-Francisco

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

found it. http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-4-ble/i-want-get-cysmart-app-source-code

I hope this helps !!

Francisco.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I developed an Android application. Everything is great on Android devices. But, when I installed it on PC using Nox App Player on Windows, Bluetooth option is not working. Any ideas?

0 Likes