Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I am experiencing a long attributes discovery times when using long connection interval set. 

What I am trying to achieve is to minimize power consumption by extending the connection interval, but this is also causing the connection process to take a long time (4 s) which I believe is caused by all the characteristics being transmitted using low connection interval (I might be wrong)

Any ideas how to make the connection process quick but the connection intervals long?

I tried to start with short intervals and then increase them using CyBle_GapcConnectionParamUpdateRequest() but it does not seem to work. Is it the right way?

Regards,

Piotr

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks e.pratt_1639216,

CyBle_GapcConnectionParamUpdateRequest() worked after all, I am not sure what I have done wrong when I have tried it first.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe CyBle_GapcConnectionParamUpdateRequest() will send packets to the remote device, but I don't have the documentation open atm.

Is a connection time of 4s a bad thing in your application? If you want the two devices always connected, they will only have to connect once the first time they power on/connect to each other, and then the low connection interval will reduce power consumption after that.

Otherwise, if you want to do a burst connection (connect, send a bunch of data, then disconnect), then you want to either: increase your CPU clock or reduce connection interval.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks e.pratt_1639216,

CyBle_GapcConnectionParamUpdateRequest() worked after all, I am not sure what I have done wrong when I have tried it first.

0 Likes