Problem building sub-field BLE module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to create my own profile in the BLE module in PSoC Creator 4. When I whan to define the field in the characteristics menu I can't define subfield and I don't now why. I have seen other profiles wich have been created by default and those have sub-field, but I can't create it.

I show in the image the sub-field of one created project and my project where I have SpO2 and PR which should be inside of SPO2PR-Normal, but I can't add it.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Salva.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

Currently there is no option to add subfields for the charcateristic data.

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if you can add subfields. The subfield example you show is a Bluetooth SIG standard profile with "universally" defined application usage for those bits, and hence why the bits are defined; to make sure people use them correctly in implementation. The profile/BLE editor doesn't seem to have any option that I have seen that allows the subfield to be added/created. You could try editing the text/data file directly to see if mimicking the format of the other profiles data will have the editor display it the same way, but I wouldn't be sure of it.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

Currently there is no option to add subfields for the charcateristic data.

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes