i.MX28 Freescale ----- WICED

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

WICED could support i.MX28 Freescale?  The OS is Linux 2.6

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

WICED will not work with Linux. It is designed for embedded RTOSs only.

As mentioned earlier Linux already supports Broadcom Wi-Fi devices through the DHD driver (search for "linux brcm80211")

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

The purpose of Wiced to solve the WiFi connection issues where Linux or similar OS is not present. If Linux is used to solve the WiFi connection issue then Wiced may not be needed.

Is the question about how to communicate Wiced hardware module with Freescale i.MX28 using Linux?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, the question is how to communicate Wiced hardware module (SN8000) with Freescale i.MX28 using Linux 2.6 ?

Best regards,

0 Likes

In that case, you need to use Linux Dongle Host Driver (DHD) to communicate with SN8000 from Linux host.

Please contact Broadcom local representative or Murata software support for Linux DHD driver.

Best regards.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer.

Maybe my question was not clear. When we are using SN8000 module of Murata they used to indicate some WICED by Microprocessor. For example STM32 WICED, Linux driver, etc ....

How is the best way to understand if WICED coul work in i.MX28, runing Linux 2.6 ? How should we go to make this integration ?

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

WICED will not work with Linux. It is designed for embedded RTOSs only.

As mentioned earlier Linux already supports Broadcom Wi-Fi devices through the DHD driver (search for "linux brcm80211")

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for your support.

I will follow your instructions.

Best Regards,

0 Likes