Regarding streamer exception

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
veRN_2322216
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

Actually we are using Cypress streamer which has option for save the data to disk .it working nicely and packets are successfully transfering  .if check box (i.e save to disk )is clicked  the data is saving but after some 25600 packets transfered the streamer is automatically stops.but if checkbox(i.e save to disk)  is  not enabled it is working continuously can any one explain why it is and how to make to save data for continuously until we stop the streamer. i have attached  the screenshot of the exception ...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When the checkbox is enabled, it stores the data to a temporary buffer. Only when the streaming is stopped the data from the buffer is saved to disk at one shot. 

After 25600 packets, the buffer might have overflown. Please increase the memory of the buffer in its declaration, or modify the code such that the buffer is written to disk at regular intervals.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When the checkbox is enabled, it stores the data to a temporary buffer. Only when the streaming is stopped the data from the buffer is saved to disk at one shot. 

After 25600 packets, the buffer might have overflown. Please increase the memory of the buffer in its declaration, or modify the code such that the buffer is written to disk at regular intervals.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes

thank you Madhu Sudan ......  i checked  the Size given is   byte[] temp = new byte[100*1024*1024];  i want streamer to rum without stoping

if check box is enabled .i am fresher so not that much knowledge to make the streamer  run in regular intervals.... can  you explain little bit more how can i do that.........

0 Likes

thank you Madhu Sudan ......  i checked  the Size given is   byte[] temp = new byte[100*1024*1024];  i want streamer to rum without stoping

if check box is enabled .i am fresher so not that much knowledge to make the streamer  run in regular intervals.... can  you explain little bit more how can i do that.........

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The streamer modification I did was for testing purpose. You can store and analyse the temporary data. Writing the data continuously to hard disk is out of our scope.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes