Find digital input interrupt source

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have digital input component (SW) configured for 3 inputs (One, Two, Three) sharing the same falling edge interrupt isr_SW. Physically they all connected to P0[0], P0[1], P0[2] - same PSOC 4000 device port.

How can I determine which pin (for example "SW_One") triggered interrupt from within an isr_SW handler?

Alex

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You'll need to read the inputs to decide which pins have changed from high to low.

Think about de-bouncing the switches.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is one way of doing it, but if input bounces back quickly to high I may get a false reading plus no way to distinguish between simultaneous transitions on multiple inputs...

I was hoping for a readable mechanism that holds a record of interrupt source. AN86439 has an example on page 50 using Interrupt Status Register and I see a declaration in generated API: 

/* Interrupt configuration Registers */

#define SW_INTCFG                 (* (reg32 *) SW__INTCFG)

#define SW_INTSTAT                (* (reg32 *) SW__INTSTAT)

or GPIO_PRTX_INTR as described in TRM.

but not sure if it is functional in entry level PSOC 4000. I wish Cypress provided an accurate "cheat-sheet" per each chip variation describing implementation limitations vs TRM baseline. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to confirm that reading and masking INSTAT (aka GPIO_PRTx_INTR) works perfectly on PSOC 4000

0 Likes