BLE Pairing issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm trying to implement the pairing feature in my project. What I observed is (In CySmart App) In IOS when I'm entering wrong passkey(even if I press cancel button also) than also it is showing all the services, where as in Android it is fine (If passkey is wrong it will get disconnect).

Security Mode: 1

Security Level: Authenticate Pairing with Encryption

I/O Capability: Display

Bonding Requirement: No Bonding.

I think if the passkey is wrong it should not show any services. Am I right?

Thanks,

Jatin

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to make sure you set the access requirements for the services to "Authenticated" or "Encrypted" (or a mix) for it to prevent access upon incorrect bonding/encryption, but yes. It should behave the way you are describing if setup properly 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to make sure you set the access requirements for the services to "Authenticated" or "Encrypted" (or a mix) for it to prevent access upon incorrect bonding/encryption, but yes. It should behave the way you are describing if setup properly 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jatin,

The behavior of the device on authentication failure will vary from device to device and also depends on your project.

You could call the CyBle_GapDisconnect() API under the CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_FAILED event. Also, add a CyBle_GapAuthReq() upon connection, i.e. under CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED event. This will make sure that every central that connects to your phone has to pair successfully. If pairing is rejected/fails, then the device would disconnect immediately.

Secondly, "Permissions" such as Encryption required, Authentication required are set for characteristic properties such as read, write, notify and so on. This means that a client can read or write only if the link is encrypted and/or if the connection is authenticated. However, setting these permissions won't stop a client from 'discovering the services' on a server.

So, if the passkey is wrong, the client can still see the services but this depends on the configuration of the server.

0 Likes