Bootloading using a UMTS/HSPA+ as a Host

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Im trying to implement a FOTA to program a PSoC4 using a Quectel UC20 as a Host. First I download the .cyacd file from an FTP server and store it in the UC20´s RAM memory and then sending the file through UART to the MCU in bootloader mode using the function Booloader_Start(). Now, im stuck. As far as im concerned, only by sending the correct data (.cyacd file parsed to hex) to the PSoC4, the bootloadable should be correctly installed, but reading the documentation i have noticed that the MCU answers to every command sent by my host, are these answers needed by the host to do a correct programming? Or are they only useful for a flow control when using another mcu as host? I have read about the Silicon ID and the format of the .cyacd file and it seems that what i´m trying to do is to bypass all of that. I´m a newbie in the microcontroller world so i´ll be happy for any of your guidance and to explain myself.

Esteban

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

The responses from PsoC4 for the bootloader commands are basically for flow corntrol/error checking.

You may skip the silicon ID and 'Get flash size commands'.  These are meant for embedded host to verify if the target used is correct and there is enough flash available in the target device. 

0 Likes