AN65974 fails to build?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JEv_295166
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

From http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an65974-designing-ez-usb-fx3-slave-fifo-inter...

Her's what I get at the link stage using the latest (1.3.3) SDK:

arm-none-eabi-ld cyfxslfifosync.o cyfxslfifousbdscr.o --entry CyU3PFirmwareEntry -L ../../../fw_lib/1_3_3/fx3_debug -lcyu3sport -lcyu3lpp -lcyfxapi -lcyu3threadx "$ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH"/arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a "$ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH"/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/libgcc.a  -T ../../../fw_build/fx3_fw/fx3_512k.ld -d --gc-sections --no-wchar-size-warning -Map cyfxslfifosync.map -o cyfxslfifosync.elf ../../../fw_lib/1_3_3/fx3_debug\libcyfxapi.a(cyu3entry_armcc.o): In function `CyU3PFirmwareEntry': e:\views\antioch_fx3_build_view_puri\software\products\usb30\sdk\firmware\src\system/cyu3entry_armcc.S:131: undefined reference to `CyU3PToolChainInit' ../../../fw_lib/1_3_3/fx3_debug\libcyfxapi.a(cyu3system.o): In function `CyU3PSysCheckBootState': cyu3system.c:(i.CyU3PSysCheckBootState+0x68): undefined reference to `CyU3PMemCopy' R:\apps\cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\ARM GCC\bin\arm-none-eabi-ld.exe: cyfxslfifosync.elf: hidden symbol `CyU3PMemCopy' isn't defined R:\apps\cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\ARM GCC\bin\arm-none-eabi-ld.exe: final link failed: Bad value make: *** [makefile:35: cyfxslfifosync.elf] Error 1 

TAIA.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Can you download a fresh copy and try to build it again. I check and it builds at my end

2) I suppose you have install SDK 1.3.3, if not, please update. Have you tried re-installing the SDK?

3) Rest of the SDK firmware are able to build? Only this firmware is not building? 

4) Please attach one building SDK project so that we can see your working setting.

0 Likes

Thanks Nishant. Where are you unzipping the archive? If I unzip in the firmware folder of the 1.3.3 SDK then the firmware makefile cannot find defaults: 

R:\apps\cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\AN65974\FX3 Firmware\SlaveFifoSync>make makefile:22: ../../common/fx3_build_config.mak: No such file or directory make: *** No rule to make target '../../common/fx3_build_config.mak'.  Stop.

If I adjust paths then I get the errors shown in my original posting. Below is a listing showing one  of  the basic examples being built correctly.

R:\apps\cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulksrcsink>make arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -DTX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE -DDEBUG -DCYU3P_FX3=1 -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I. -I../../../fw_lib/1_3_3/inc  -O0 -Wall -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -o cyfxbulksrcsink.o cyfxbulksrcsink.c  arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -DTX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE -DDEBUG -DCYU3P_FX3=1 -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I. -I../../../fw_lib/1_3_3/inc  -O0 -Wall -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -o cyfxbulkdscr.o cyfxbulkdscr.c arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -DTX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE -DDEBUG -DCYU3P_FX3=1 -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I. -I../../../fw_lib/1_3_3/inc  -O0 -Wall -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -o cyfxtx.o cyfxtx.c arm-none-eabi-gcc  -Wall -c -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -o cyfx_gcc_startup.o cyfx_gcc_startup.S arm-none-eabi-ld cyfx_gcc_startup.o cyfxbulksrcsink.o cyfxbulkdscr.o cyfxtx.o --entry CyU3PFirmwareEntry -L ../../../fw_lib/1_3_3/fx3_debug -lcyu3sport -lcyu3lpp -lcyfxapi -lcyu3threadx "$ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH"/arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a "$ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH"/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/libgcc.a  -T ../../../fw_build/fx3_fw/fx3_512k.ld -d --gc-sections --no-wchar-size-warning -Map cyfxbulksrcsink.map -o cyfxbulksrcsink.elf  R:\apps\cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulksrcsink>
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can unzip the archive in any folder. I suppose, you have created your Eclipse Workspace. Please make sure that you have checked the option "Copy projects into workspace" while importing this project into Eclipse workspace.

0 Likes

Hi rghe, Sadly I don't use Eclipse, all of this gets driven by 'make' in a command shell. 

0 Likes