CYBLE-224110-00 scan not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a CYBLE-224110-00 on a Pioneer board and I cannot get the BLE scan to work. CyBle_GapcStartScan() returns OK but I don't get any CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_PROGRESS_RESULT events. I've tried setting the BLE component up as a Central and as an Observer but no luck. I saw elsewhere that I should try setting cyBle_discoveryInfo.discProcedure, but again, no luck. I've tried using the example projects from '100_Projects_in_100_Days', Day006_Central_IAS and Day011_Central_Observer.

The scan works fine if I use the CY8CKIT-143A development board which I thought was based on the same PSoC hardware, although it is Bluetooth v4.2, whereas the CYBLE-224110-00 is Bluetooth v4.1.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Andy

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

The '224110 is an extended-range module with PA/LNA on board. If the project does not include the code required to enable this circuitry, the RF will be effectively cut off before it reaches the antenna, causing near-complete performance degradation. I expect this is what is happening in your case.

See page 16 of the current Rev. *D of the CYBLE-224110-00 datasheet available from the product page:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyble-224110-00-ez-bletm-psoctm-xtxr-module

​It describes the steps necessary to allow correct operation of the PA/LNA circuitry on XR modules.

Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Please post your code so we can check it.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bobgoar,

I took the Day011_Central_Observer example and changed the device to the CYBLE-224110, then updated the components in TopDesign.cysch to get it to build. I haven't changed anything in the code. I've attached the archived project anyway.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

The '224110 is an extended-range module with PA/LNA on board. If the project does not include the code required to enable this circuitry, the RF will be effectively cut off before it reaches the antenna, causing near-complete performance degradation. I expect this is what is happening in your case.

See page 16 of the current Rev. *D of the CYBLE-224110-00 datasheet available from the product page:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyble-224110-00-ez-bletm-psoctm-xtxr-module

​It describes the steps necessary to allow correct operation of the PA/LNA circuitry on XR modules.

Jeff

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If only I'd read the manual properly, I'd have seen that! Thank you Jeff.

I had managed to connect to the device with CySmart and so assumed that I could use it without enabling the PA/LNA. <sigh> Yet again the lesson here is - read the manual!

0 Likes