UART comunication PSOC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I need to know which are the statements that I use to send data to a smart screen NEXTION, I have to show three data level temperature and PH, each one has an address and I do not know where to write them to send the data correctly. The data sheet of the screen is https://www.itead.cc/wiki/Nextion_Instruction_Set
Sorry for my English, I'm from Argentina

Greetings, I hope you can help me

0 Likes
1 Solution
11 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

You can check the UART component Datasheet(which you can get by right clicking the Component on Creator) and get details about API available.

I can't get the datasheet from the datasheet link posted

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

To make Nextion display display , the first thing we should do is to design an HMI file in the related software called Nextion Editor. Nextion Editor(Official Download) is a development software used for visual building of graphic interface for embedded GUI-intensive devices with various types of TFT displays .

I don't find details about Commands needed by the screen .But you can refer this Project as example which states steps to follow for a project with this Display-

http://www.instructables.com/id/Nextion-Arduino-Project-Whac-A-Mole-Crazy-Pony-Gam/

Anonymous
Not applicable

arduino utiliza una biblioteca especifica para esta pantalla....asi que eso lo hace un poco mas fácil....
For example to send a data to the progress bar send this

Serial.print("j0.val="); //Variable of the screen to modify

Serial.print(val); //Send the optimum value of the potentiometer

Serial.write(0xff);

Serial.write(0xff);

Serial.write(0xff);

My doubt is, that sentence use in the psoc creator pra to send the value that corresponds to "j0.val" of the screen. Could you use this UART_PutString () statement for example? But where do I put the address "J0.val"?
Thank you friend...

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

UART_PutString () can be used to print strings like Serial.print("j0.val=");.

UART_WriteTxData() sends a byte without checking for buffer room or status.

Please go through the datasheet of UART component and find the corresponding API's available to use by the component in Creator

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you friend ANKS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your advice, I managed to communicate with the screen, and managed to send a text, the problem is that I can not send the numerical data correctly, perhaps because of a formatting problem I suppose. Convert the character to the voltage value that I take from a potentiometer using sprintf () and send it, but does not show it, maybe I should send them as numerical data in hex?.

There is a way to directly change a number that represents the value in volt of the state of the potentiometer to another format ... for example to hexa. I take that value in volt and conveti to character

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The value of str is a character, my question is if it is correct to send it like this.
I send it as in the following example but it does not show na on the screen.

sprintf (str,"%.4f",voltage);

uart_putstring("n0.val=");

uart_putchar(0x22);

uart_putstring(str);

uart_putchar(0xff);

uart_putchar(0xff);

uart_putchar(0xff);

I tried sending a text and it sends it of the following form without problems:

uart_putstring("t0.txt=");

uart_putchar(0x22);

uart_putstring("hola");

uart_putchar(0x22);

uart_putchar(0xff);

uart_putchar(0xff);

uart_putchar(0xff);

Also try the following:

sprintf (str,"%.4f",voltage);

uart_putstring("t0.txt=");

uart_putchar(0x22);

uart_putstring(str);

uart_putchar(0x22);

uart_putchar(0xff);

uart_putchar(0xff);

uart_putchar(0xff);

And the value displayed on the screen is 0.000, When I move the pot the value changes to -0.000, the 0.0, But never shows another value. Any proposal......thank you

Have you done the changes as suggested in the KBA's previously suggested for using SPRINTF .i.e increasing heap size and choosing nano-float library.

Please share your project with us.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already make the changes and is working very well.... thank you very much for your help

0 Likes