Documentation on CYBLE_EVT_HIDSS_REPORT_CHAR_WRITE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking at the BLE v3.30 component DS and the stack event 

CYBLE_EVT_HIDSS_REPORT_CHAR_WRITE   HIDS Server - Write Report characteristic request. The
parameter of this event is a structure of CYBLE_HIDSS_REPORT_VALUE_T type.

The event itself is listed in the API, but the return type CYBLE_HIDSS_REPORT_VALUE_T, is not (undeclared identifier), and this is the only information is what I've c/p'd.  

My question is, is it even active/used?  I'm assuming it would be generated on the server-side when the client calls CyBle_HidscSetCharacteristicValue, in order to let the server know when data has been written/changed by the client.  If that were the case, I'd have use for it, if anyone could tell me how to make that happen, by defining the return type, or activating the event.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you declare a custom BLE profile under your BLE component, and use a profile setting of both Central and Peripheral, it will define 100% of BLE functions/APIs. Then, if it is still not implemented/defined at that point, then it is probably either: A WIP by cypress engineering, left over from something else, or accidently left in.

0 Likes