CapSense Gesture Component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I download and install the CapSense Gesture component?  

My CY8CKIT-046 kit does not use the CapSense Gesture component (just the CSD).  The kit example rolls it's own gesture code.  The 4200L in this kit should support CapSense Gesture according to the data sheet.  

I need to create a 15 mm x 15 mm single finger touch pad.  

I created several such touchpad/slider designs on Arduino compatible shields and would like to try them out.  

Do let me know if I'm going about this wrong.  I've already done this on Arduino but would ideally replace my gesture code with CapCanse Gesture and also realize a better a SNR.  

Thanks,

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got part of it: show hidden components.  Wow, that was arcane.  I still welcome suggestions. On what I'm trying to do if anyone has any.

0 Likes
SerhiyM_66
Employee
Employee
First like received

Gestures (trackpad widget) are available on the limited list of  PSoC devices (look this in PSoC4100BLE, PSoC4200BLE, PRoC series ).

You can see these devices using Device Selector:

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Mike,

PSoC 4L does not support Capsense gesture component. It is only supported in BLE devices as SMAT said in the previous response. You may have to start from scratch as the libraries are not supported for your device. If you want to create one please use this as reference  http://www.cypress.com/video-library/Touch%20Sensing/learn-about-cypress-psoc-4200l-and-implement-ca... . It implements track-pad for mouse.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes