MiniProg3 not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am using the CY8CKIT-002 and programming a CYBLE-222005-00 using the  generated hex file and

it is not working.  I know that it worked before for the same model programmer on a different machine.

The setup is the same, perhaps the programmer was connected to the computer before the programmer software

was installed.  (Don't know if this caused the problem or even makes any difference).  Also, both the Programmer Software and the Creator IDE have been re-installed.

I also tried to manually re-register the device as per following instructions:-

CyMiniProg3Service was not properly registered . Please try to do that manually, find it in Programmer folder and register from command line:

c:\Program Files\Cypress\Programmer\Service\CyMiniProg3Service /Service

If it doesn't help then try to unreg and reg it:

c:\Program Files\Cypress\Programmer\3.12\Service\CyMiniProg3Service /unregserver
c:\Program Files\Cypress\Programmer\3.12\Service\CyMiniProg3Service /Service

The "CyMiniProg3Service.exe" is the executable file of the Service. To register it on the machine you need to run it from command line with "/Service" parameter.
If you are able to find "./Cypress/Programmer/Service/CyMiniProg3Service.exe" then you can to run register service from command line:

CyMiniProg3Service.exe /Service

This didn't work, 

Please, has anyone experienced this that could point me toward a solution

I'm attaching a screenshot if that helps, and I hope I am in the correct forum....

6 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

once you hook it up power  cycle the board you want to program.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

This error comes if the connection of the SWD lines is not proper,can you please check whether hardware wise connection is proper or not of the 5 SWD lines.

Can you see MiniProg3 properly enumerated in device manager after its connection with your system.If not,please tell us  what you observe there.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, still problems, the device is showing up correctly under device manager.  The SWD are connected correctly, I double checked,

and the board to be programmed was working fine with a different programmer that I had borrowed, but I don't have access to that any more.

All the LEDs come on at the beginning, and the status LED stays on flickering. On the board to be programmed LEDs come on also just showing that there is power..  I've attached 2 screenshots, one shows the device manager and the other the programmer GUI when it is trying to program the board.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Can you please try the option "Toggle the Power" on Programmer and tell us your observation after that

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anks,

When I hit the toggle power button the 'not powered' red indicatot changes to a green 'powered' indicator and the LED for target power stays ON on the miniprog3.

0 Likes

So, what is the error msg you are getting now

0 Likes