missing driver for BLE Dongle in CY5672 RDK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using a CY5677 BLE Dongle with my project based on a CY8C4248 PSoC 4 device and I just purchased a CY5672 RDK (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy5672-proctm-ble-remote-control-referen...) which comes with a very similar BLE Dongle and I can't get CySmart1.2 to recognize the new dongle.

Looking in Windows Device Manager with the dongle plugged in I see several devices that aren't present when the dongle is removed:

1 USBUART  - No driver loaded

2 HID-compliant consumer control devices with a standard Windows driver

2 HID-compliant devices with a standard Windows driver

2 USB Input Devices with a standard Windows driver

I searched the Cypress website for a driver and came up empty.  I did find a few threads in the forums about similar issues but some had links to files that no longer exist or simply didn't include any viable answers.

What do I have to do to get CySmart to recognize the dongle that comes with the CY5672 RDK?

-lance

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Lance,

The dongle coming along with Cy5672 is meant to work along with remote control for the HID properties. However, if you want to program it with the Cy5670 dongle firmware (CY5677 is 4.2. It is not supported by the 4.1 dongle in remote control), please follow the steps in the attached doc.

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Use CySmart to update the hex file they are under dongle dir in CySmart dir.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Lance,

The dongle coming along with Cy5672 is meant to work along with remote control for the HID properties. However, if you want to program it with the Cy5670 dongle firmware (CY5677 is 4.2. It is not supported by the 4.1 dongle in remote control), please follow the steps in the attached doc.

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes