Upgradable Stack OTA Bootloader Project Build Error :

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PhBe_1305961
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Implemented steps shown in AN97060 guidelines for adding an Upgradable Stack OTA Bootloader to my project. 
The Stack and Launcher projects copied to the workspace build with no errors.  When I build my project I get the following error. I have double checked all the steps several times.  Any ideas on what is causing this?   

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -c Generated_Source\PSoC4\VC1_PM.c -o .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\VC1_PM.o -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb -I. -IGenerated_Source\PSoC4 -Wa,-alh=.\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug/VC1_PM.lst -g -D DEBUG -Wall -ffunction-sections -ffat-lto-objects -O0
arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -c Generated_Source\PSoC4\cybootloader.c -o .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\cybootloader.o -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb -I. -IGenerated_Source\PSoC4 -Wa,-alh=.\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug/cybootloader.lst -g -D DEBUG -Wall -ffunction-sections -ffat-lto-objects -O0
arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -c Generated_Source\PSoC4\Bootloadable.c -o .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\Bootloadable.o -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb -I. -IGenerated_Source\PSoC4 -Wa,-alh=.\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug/Bootloadable.lst -g -D DEBUG -Wall -ffunction-sections -ffat-lto-objects -O0
arm-none-eabi-as.exe -o .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\CyBootAsmGnu.o Generated_Source\PSoC4\CyBootAsmGnu.s -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb -I. -IGenerated_Source\PSoC4 -alh=.\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug/CyBootAsmGnu.lst -g -W

Error: prj.M0266:
      Shared code exported by instance CyBle of component BLE_v3_30 is not identical to code expected by instance BLE of component BLE_v3_30.
     (App=psoc_creator)
--------------- Rebuild Failed: 06/24/2017 01:41:08 ---------------

0 Likes
1 Solution
PhBe_1305961
Level 3
Level 3

Anjana,

Thanks !!! so much for responding to feedback so quickly. Speaks for the quality support of Cypress and you.

I had already updated all the components to latest. And was using Creator 4.1. Doubled checked all components. They were showing same version . But went through update process of components again and rebuilt -- got same error.

Deleted all generated folders and rebuilt all. This fixed the problem ------Thank You !!!

Phil

>>>>>>>>>

Hi Philip,

This is in response to the survey you took for our OTA appnote AN97060.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused at your side.

From your comments, I guess below could be the reason for the errors.

Shared code exported by instance CyBle of component BLE_v3_30 is not identical to code expected by instance BLE of component BLE_v3_30.
Comment: First , make sure your stack project and Application project contains same BLE component version. If not, please update your components to the latest.

Secondly, if you have a disabled BLE component in your schematic of application project , please delete it. Delete the generated source code. Now build once more and try. Please do this for both stack and application project. Let me know if it helps to solve the issue. Else, please share your project work space.

If you have further issues, I suggest you to create a TechSupport case and please share your project.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

Applications Engr

Cypress Semiconductors

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Have you tried this on latest version of Creator4.1

0 Likes

Thanks !! for responding.  I am using Creator 4.1   I received additional input which fixed the issue.  See next comment.

0 Likes
PhBe_1305961
Level 3
Level 3

Anjana,

Thanks !!! so much for responding to feedback so quickly. Speaks for the quality support of Cypress and you.

I had already updated all the components to latest. And was using Creator 4.1. Doubled checked all components. They were showing same version . But went through update process of components again and rebuilt -- got same error.

Deleted all generated folders and rebuilt all. This fixed the problem ------Thank You !!!

Phil

>>>>>>>>>

Hi Philip,

This is in response to the survey you took for our OTA appnote AN97060.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused at your side.

From your comments, I guess below could be the reason for the errors.

Comment: First , make sure your stack project and Application project contains same BLE component version. If not, please update your components to the latest.

Secondly, if you have a disabled BLE component in your schematic of application project , please delete it. Delete the generated source code. Now build once more and try. Please do this for both stack and application project. Let me know if it helps to solve the issue. Else, please share your project work space.

If you have further issues, I suggest you to create a TechSupport case and please share your project.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

Applications Engr

Cypress Semiconductors

0 Likes