CYBLE-222014-01 Design stopped working after Creator upgrade

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_1467596
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins 5 likes given First like received

Yesterday, I went up from PSoC Creator 4.0 to 4.1 (4.1.0.2686) and was prompted to upgrade the module to 222014-01 (from 00) and a few other things were upgraded too.

Now a project that I've just started no longer runs on the hardware, it seems to start but then hangs.  I even moved over to a second instance of the hardware suspecting that I may have a hardware issue but the behavior is the same.  At the moment I'm on a really simple program that runs a timer and flashes 2 LEDs.

Is there some way to revert back to the 4.0 version?

I can upload whole project if someone advises me how to.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have this fixed - it's the really simple things that catch you out and I'm an old timer (probably going senile).  Anyway, here's the explanation... I used this command line to toggle my LEDs...

LED_1_Write( ~ LED_1_Read() );

But the subtle difference after my upgrade was that the LED_1 output pin was set to "Open drain, drives high" but previously it had been "Strong drive" which pulls low and high.  I noticed after probing what I thought was a locked up board with my scope; when I probed the LED_1 connection with my 1 M Ohm input scope probe, the LED started flashing, take it off and the LED comes on but then stays on.  When I changed it to "Strong drive", then the LED flashed perfectly - when the pin is set to open drain, the PSoC clearly doesn't read the pin as a '0' when it's off (which makes sense when you look at the open drain diagram) but when I grounded the pin via the 1 Meg scope probe then it was seen as a '0'.

Thanks for the input anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please upload the project for our reference. For time being you can try downgrading various components by trail and error and see if it fixes the issue as of now.

(Right click Project -> Update components ) where you can choose the version of each component.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes

Thanks, how would you prefer me to upload the entire program?

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        In Psoc Creator click on file and then click on Create workspace bundle. Attach the file to a new post by clicking add attachments.   
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thanks, here's my project. It was working yesterday in that LED 1 flashed at 1 Hz and LED 2 flashed at 250 Hz.  LED 1 is done from a simple delay code loop in main and LED 2 flashed by 2 lines inserted in isr_1.c that toggle LED2 and then cancel the interrupt.  The isr is driven from the interrupt output of TCPWM_1.  That's all that there is to it so far.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

So what program are you are running ?

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Also have you seen this information about Pin differences?  Also are you using the Pioneer board for these  projects?

0 Likes
TeMa_1467596
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins 5 likes given First like received

I'm using a custom PCB that was running on Monday.  Vddrf and Vdd are both 2 volts.  I rebuilt the project from scratch today and it still hangs.  I may try to run it in debug mode tomorrow.

0 Likes

I have this fixed - it's the really simple things that catch you out and I'm an old timer (probably going senile).  Anyway, here's the explanation... I used this command line to toggle my LEDs...

LED_1_Write( ~ LED_1_Read() );

But the subtle difference after my upgrade was that the LED_1 output pin was set to "Open drain, drives high" but previously it had been "Strong drive" which pulls low and high.  I noticed after probing what I thought was a locked up board with my scope; when I probed the LED_1 connection with my 1 M Ohm input scope probe, the LED started flashing, take it off and the LED comes on but then stays on.  When I changed it to "Strong drive", then the LED flashed perfectly - when the pin is set to open drain, the PSoC clearly doesn't read the pin as a '0' when it's off (which makes sense when you look at the open drain diagram) but when I grounded the pin via the 1 Meg scope probe then it was seen as a '0'.

Thanks for the input anyway.

0 Likes