C function for S25FL127S flash memeory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am looking for C functions to interface the S25FL127 flash memory. Where can I find these function? I am using an SPI from an Atmel Xmega 256D3 and FreeRTOS with AVRGCC compiler.

Thank You.

Charles Guggenheim

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Charles,

You can use our low level driver from the link given below :

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/low-level-driver-spi-flash

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Krishna,

I downloaded the driver. I am using the flash to store data for a data logger. I need a simple example to read and write data to flash. I understand that if the data need to be overwritten, the data need to be erase first. Is there some simple top level example to read and write data (that handle the erase) available?

Thanks,

Charles

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Charles,

I am attaching the code while interfacing S25FL512S with our PSOC Microcontroller. Please use it as reference only. It has read,write and erase functions.

Please let me know if you need clarifications.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for the files. I will take a look. I am battling some other issues right now and hopefully get back to the flash next week.

Charles

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Krishna,

I downloaded the "slld.c" and "slld.h" and noticed that the macro definition for flash read and flash write is not defined anywhere. (line 2013 and 2014 of slld.h)

#define FLASH_WR(c,a,d,n)    FLASH_WRITE(c,a,d,n)
#define FLASH_RD(c,a,d,n)    FLASH_READ(c,a,d,n)

Am I missing something here? (no reference to FLASH_WRITE(c,a,d,n) or FLASH_READ(c,a,d,n)

Thank You,

Charles Guggenheim

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Charles,

You can find the functions "FLASH_WRITE" and "FLASH_READ" in "slld_hal_example.c" file.This is the file which you need to modify primarily according to commands you want to implement.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes