Choosing right ground pane for Vssd PSoC3 CY8C3866AXI-208

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We decided to use mentioned device in 100TQFP package.

We've choosed to sepearte digital and analog grounds. We do provide two different voltages in our design - analog and digital. Three of four quadrants are powered by analog voltage(Vddio=Vdda). I was wondering if we're supposed to choose for Vssd digital ground on quadrants powered by analog voltage as described anyway(Pin14/38/66/88) or may we provide analog ground here.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

You need not to create separate Analog ground for VDDA, that is what generally done in Cypress PSoC dev kits, thus I given you the link  for our dev kit, where you can even get gerber files for the dev kit.

Thanks & Regards

Ankita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

You can check this Hardware design guide for PSoC3-

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an61290-psoc-3-and-psoc-5lp-hardware-design-c...

​You can also check the CY8CKIT-030 kit schematics for reference available at this link-

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-030-psoc-3-development-kit

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion this is a not an appropriate answer as this question is very specific and consideres design rules. As mentioned i need simply a hint if VSSD is to be considered as digital ground or ground for power src. of VDDIO which may be either analog or digitial. Hence question is if it is considered a good design if VSSD is connected to analog ground or not.

Pls. try to answer this specific question, I'm familiar with most of application notes and dev-kits for PSOC3.

Thanks

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

You need not to create separate Analog ground for VDDA, that is what generally done in Cypress PSoC dev kits, thus I given you the link  for our dev kit, where you can even get gerber files for the dev kit.

Thanks & Regards

Ankita

0 Likes