CY5677 CySmart vs CY5670: CySmart Dongle

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the differences?

Which one is best suited to debug/develop 022001-00 PRoC BLE?

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CySmart CY5677 supports BLE v4.2, and the CY5670 supports BLE v4.1, but otherwise they look identical. You might even be able to update one with software to get an implementation that mimics the other, but don't quote me on that 🙂

I've been using a v4.1 CySmart USB dongle for my development on the PRoC 022001-00 BLE chip, and I haven't run into any issues so far.

You are probably fine using either one; Pick the BLE 4.2 if you know for sure that you are using BLE v4.2 features to ensure it will be tested for that though 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CySmart CY5677 supports BLE v4.2, and the CY5670 supports BLE v4.1, but otherwise they look identical. You might even be able to update one with software to get an implementation that mimics the other, but don't quote me on that 🙂

I've been using a v4.1 CySmart USB dongle for my development on the PRoC 022001-00 BLE chip, and I haven't run into any issues so far.

You are probably fine using either one; Pick the BLE 4.2 if you know for sure that you are using BLE v4.2 features to ensure it will be tested for that though 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much

Andy

0 Likes