Substitue CY8CKIT-042 Kit with CY8CKIT-044 Kit (for CY8CKIT-037 Motor Control Kit)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have got the CY8CKIT-037 PSoC 4 Motor Control Evaluation Kit (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-037-psoc-4-motor-control-evaluat...) and the CY8CKIT-044 PSoC® 4 M-Series Pioneer Kit(http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-044-psoc-4-m-series-pioneer-kit).

I read that you are advised to use the CY8CKIT-042, but can I also use the 044 and how would I do this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Too bad: I just checked, the required pin swap will not work. So you need to get hands on a CY8CKIT-042 Pioneer kit for your motor control.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum.

Change the device of the project to your CY8C4247AZI-M485 using Creator -> Project -> Device Selector.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot Bob!

However after I programmed the device (and checked all jumpers) with the Sensored BLDC Motor Control example it does not work.

The blue led turns on when I press SW2, but the motor is not rotating..

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The arduino interface uses different pins for the -42 and the -44 kit. Open the schematic for both boards and see what you need to change in the pin assignment.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I specifically tried to execute the Sensorless BLDC Motor Control program (as advised in the Quick Start Guide), however now (after changing the Arduino Pins from 42 to 44 (as in the Kit Guide) it says, that the P5[5] and P6[2] pins cannot be used.

Does that mean that I have to rewrite the program and if yes how, or is there an easier way?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

"it says, that the P5[5] and P6[2] pins cannot be used" Who says that???

Changing the pins do not require software changes. Have a look into the schematics of your -44 Kit, there are some pins connected to board internal hardware or to  bypass caps already, don't use those.

Bob

PS: Where in Germany are you located? I live near Bremen.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed P0[6] to P6[2] and P2[7] to P5[5] and now die IDE tells me that "Pin guidance unavailable: 'PWMAL(0)' cannot be placed at P6[2]. P6 cannot be used for routed connections". And the same for the other Pin.

I am really at loss here. Am I supposed to change the Pin number?

PS: I live in the south of Berlin. How come you know such a lot about those boards?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Pins of ports >= 4 cannot be routed, so you'll need to use ports 0 to 3

Bob

PS: Reading lots of manuals for several years helps understanding PSoCs 😉

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I cannot use every port, because when I selected "auto-assign during build" the LEDs started blinking fast when I programmed the device, which means (I Think) that the file is corrupted which means that I selected ports that.. I don't know why.. but do not work with the configuration.

So how do I know which ports to select?

Sorry if those are really stupid questions for you.  Do you work with PSoCs?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Too bad: I just checked, the required pin swap will not work. So you need to get hands on a CY8CKIT-042 Pioneer kit for your motor control.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this clear answer. You helped me a lot.

Best regards

Wanda

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't think I could use different Pins on the same header? Is it  important that it is the exact same pin?

Would it be possible to solve this if I programmed the motor kit to get its inputs from different (routable) arduino pins?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

My bad experiences in the past showed that it is easy to fry a board that uses H-bridges. Your  motor control board was expensive, so it is a kind of protection using the right support kit.

Bob

0 Likes