PSOC 5 obsolete!!!!!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

ANKS just posted on another thread that PSOC 5 was obsolete.

Can we do a lifetime buy?  How would I arrange that?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC® 5

Product Replacement Notice - PSoC® 5 is now replaced by PSoC® 5LP

Cypress announces the replacement of all PSoC 5 devices with the newer, improved, and fully-compatible PSoC 5LP family of devices.

What has changed?

The newer PSoC 5LP family of devices offers various advantages over the older PSoC 5 family, specifically in terms of performance, quality, and low-power operation.

While offering these advantages, PSoC 5LP also maintains full pin-for-pin, functional, and feature-compatibility with its PSoC 5 device counterparts, making this a simple drop-in replacement.

What parts are affected?

Starting January 1 2014, all PSoC 5 devices (JTAG ID beginning with 0x0E) are to be replaced with the newer PSoC 5LP devices (JTAG ID beginning with 0x2E).

What do I need to do?

All customers are requested to migrate to the PSoC 5LP product family. You can request a free development kit upgrade, review the PSoC Creator migration guidelines, and find your drop-in-replacement PSoC 5LP part number.

For details on this product change notice, please see PCN135216.

So, no problems, mate. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC® 5

Product Replacement Notice - PSoC® 5 is now replaced by PSoC® 5LP

Cypress announces the replacement of all PSoC 5 devices with the newer, improved, and fully-compatible PSoC 5LP family of devices.

What has changed?

The newer PSoC 5LP family of devices offers various advantages over the older PSoC 5 family, specifically in terms of performance, quality, and low-power operation.

While offering these advantages, PSoC 5LP also maintains full pin-for-pin, functional, and feature-compatibility with its PSoC 5 device counterparts, making this a simple drop-in replacement.

What parts are affected?

Starting January 1 2014, all PSoC 5 devices (JTAG ID beginning with 0x0E) are to be replaced with the newer PSoC 5LP devices (JTAG ID beginning with 0x2E).

What do I need to do?

All customers are requested to migrate to the PSoC 5LP product family. You can request a free development kit upgrade, review the PSoC Creator migration guidelines, and find your drop-in-replacement PSoC 5LP part number.

For details on this product change notice, please see PCN135216.

So, no problems, mate. 

0 Likes
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Thank you!  I misunderstood your email

0 Likes