programming psoc1 with MiniProg3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, i'm trying to program file .hex to PSoC1. Is it possible to program it with MiniProg3 ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Miniprog3 User Guide says:

ISSP
In-System Serial Programming (ISSP) is a Cypress legacy interface used to program the PSoC 1
family of microcontrollers. MiniProg3 supports programming PSoC 1 devices through the 5-pin
connector only.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Miniprog3 User Guide says:

ISSP
In-System Serial Programming (ISSP) is a Cypress legacy interface used to program the PSoC 1
family of microcontrollers. MiniProg3 supports programming PSoC 1 devices through the 5-pin
connector only.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks bob. i have problem to identificate pins of ISSP. I try to identificate them in this photo. i need to know if they are the correct pins. Can you help me.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks bob. i have problem to identificate pins of ISSP. I try to identificate them in this photo. i need to know if they are the correct pins. Can you help me.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

...and the fifth pin is Vdd. The Miniprog3 can be configured to power the board to program.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you bob 🙂

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi bob, the connection between MinProg3 and PSoC1 is failed. and i didn't undrestand whay. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You should use 5V and reset or is your device powered externally?

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

no it's not powered externally. i tried it but same result (fail)

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Select "reset" for programming mode. Then click on power button and check status at bottom of window.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Bob, in my circuit i have a pin witch is connected to Vdd and Vss. is that a broblem?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Hopefully a typo: "i have a pin (one pin???) witch is connected to Vdd and Vss.(both Vdd and Vss???) "

Assuming you have pins connected to Vdd or Vss this would not matter as long as Vdd does not come from an external (mot Miniprog3) source.

Anything else connected to sda or scl pins?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not good in English that's why some times i do mistakes. .  using  multimeter i found a connection between VDD and VSS. I think that I have a short circuit

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, after reading the datasheet of psoc 1, I found that in some cases XRES pin is optional. can I program PSoC 1 without using XRES. and if the answer is "yes" how can i do it using MiniProg3 . 

thanks.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When your PSoC1 has got an XRES pin you should use that. When that won't work, something will be darn wrong with your board's layout.

To avoid XRES configure the Miniprog3 to use "Power Cycle". This will work only when the board is not powered externally and when the current delivered by Miniprog3 satisfies the board's requirements.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you Bob it works 🙂

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Heureka!   ;-))

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I didn't find CyDelay in psoc designer, wat's the function that replace it ?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Have a look into this tread. BTW: I found it entering "PSoC1 delay" into the search field at top of this page...

Bob

0 Likes