Error in UART(SCB Mode) Configuration in CY8C4247LQI-BL483 Microcontroller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello  I'm Using Cypress  CY8C4247LQI-BL483 Microcontroller and trying to Configure Full UART : UART(SCB Mode)v3.0 in UART Configuration .

After Building the Code : Following Errors Were occurred .

""Unable to find a valid placements for Pins and Fixed-Functional Blocks . See the Digital Placements’s  Detailed placement Messages Section in the report file for Details ""

Compiler Suggested Following  Workaround .

The placer is not able to place all of the carry chains without backtracking. It fills one UDB bank to 15/16 and the other to 7/8 and cannot place the final

2-datapath chain. As a workaround, add a control file to the TopDesign component (in Workspace Explorer's Components tab) with the following lines: ATTRIBUTE

placement_force OF \Timer_ADPActiveTime:TimerUDB:sT16:timerdp:u0\ : LABEL IS "U(2,0)";

ATTRIBUTE placement_force OF \Timer_OutputPeriod:TimerUDB:sT24:timerdp:u0\ : LABEL IS "U(3,1)";

ATTRIBUTE placement_force OF \Timer_OutputActiveTime:TimerUDB:sT24:timerdp:u0\ : LABEL IS "U(0,1)";

This will fill the datapaths in the second UDB bank and allow the placer to assign the remaining datapaths.

I Followed the Instruction and created a Control File  and added  above mentioned three  lines . : After Built Same Error were  Observed.

Please Suggest me What Should I do . As I want to Use Both Tx and Rx Interrupt Enabled , With API Settable Baud Rate and Parity .

0 Likes
2 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Please post your complete code by clicking on File and the Create workspace_Bundle and attach that file to a new comment.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Can you please confirm how many SCB components you are using in your Topdesign? Please make sure it is 2 (max).

Please share your project so that we can suggest appropriate solution.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes