Strange errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hi !

I created design and compiled without problems. Now I selected to use module CYBLE-012011.

When I build it I received strange errors :

Error in component: ZeroTerminal_1. Component 'ZeroTerminal' is not supported by the selected device.
  Error in component: and_1. Component 'and_v1_0' is not supported by the selected device.
  Error in component: Debouncer_1. Component 'Debouncer_v1_0' is not supported by the selected device.
  Error in component: OneTerminal_2. Component 'OneTerminal' is not supported by the selected device.
  Error in component: FreqDiv_1. Component 'FreqDiv_v1_0' is not supported by the selected device.
  Error in component: xor_1. Component 'xor_v1_0' is not supported by the selected device.

As you can see it`s very simple components !  How it`s possible that "one" or "zero" not not supported by CYBLE-012011 ???

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The device you are using doesn't support the components in this program you will need to change to a larger component.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
DaBr_1233126
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

What device did you have selected that you were able to place this 'Zero Terminal' component?  I couldn't find it for PSoC 3, 4 or 5.

Are you trying to use logic levels?  If so look for Logic High (1) and Logic Low (0) components.

When Working on designs where I don't know what chip I will use in final design, I have found it best to stay in the same family, ie PSoC 4 for that module.  The component selection on the right in PSoC Creator will only show the components supported by your selected part.

Also, when asking questions like this, it helps if you attach a backup of your project so we can look for these issues easier.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5

See attached project.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

The device you are using doesn't support the components in this program you will need to change to a larger component.

0 Likes
urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5

What a reason not support simple logic 1 or logic 0 ???  

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Get a PSoc 5lp kit and place your project in it and then you can add the Ble component to that board. Attached is your program working on that device.  I am running PSOC Creator 4.0 SP 1.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

If you look to the right hand window of your Psoc Creator window when you are in the top design window  you will see the Component Catalog for your device you will not find the components you need that is why I moved the program to the  Psoc 5lp.

0 Likes
urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5

I have module CYBLE-012011 and need make it work no PSOC5 or PSOC10.  You not answer to my question. 

Why Logic High (1) and Logic Low (0) components not work ? 

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Those components are not in the part. So your schematic will not work.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There are no digital components (which come from UDBs) in your selected device. Select a device that has got UDBs and you will be presented with a couple of logic components.

Bob

lock attach
urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5

You want say that because UDB I can`t use simple digital logic as XOR, AND , O, 1 ???

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        Yes you can not use simple digital components on this device.   
0 Likes
lock attach
urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5

As you can see UDB is not critical. Even with many UDBs some devices is not fit this simple design. BTW not use BLE.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, that's what I wanted (needed) to say. Logical gates, ff and all that stuff is taken from the UDBs. They are indeed quite universal. When not designed for large volumes where price really matters my choice would always be a device with at least 4 UDBs.

Bob

0 Likes
DaBr_1233126
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Why are you using a BLE part if you are not going to use BLE?  Non-BLE parts that would work for your design are probably much cheaper.

As for your earlier questions about the Logic High and Low, you are using ONE of the correct components in your first upload.  Would have just needed to replace the components attached to the divider with the ones from the component catalog on the right to fix that error.  You still have the UDB issue though.

You really need a different part for your project.  If you are using a breadboard, I would reccommend you get an CY8CKIT-043.  They are $10 and have the CY8C4247AZI-M485 chip on them.  PSoC 4M series.   http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-043-psoc-4-m-series-prototyping-... is the link.

0 Likes