PSOC Creator crashes trying to open a project every time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm working my way through some tutorials and I found a project I want to open and build.  I was sucessful in opening it once; however, ever since I closed it, it will no longer open.  Every time I try it crashes the program.  I deleted the entire directory and re-downloaded the files, but it still crashes.

Here is the git hub page of the project in question. https://github.com/LagunaMatada/GlowTime 

When I did have it open it wouldn't build, but that's another story I guess.  Maybe I can figure that out too? 

When PSOC Creator crashes it gives me the option to copy to clipboard.  Here is the result (using latest and fully updated creator sp2):

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.Customizer.CyCustomizerLoader.GetDllBasedCustomizerTypes(CyCompName compName, Assembly assembly, Type attributeType)
   at CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.Customizer.CyCustomizerLoader.GetDllBasedCustomizer(CyComponentMaster mst, Type attributeType)
   at CyDesigner.Common.Db.CyS3Db.CyInst.GetCustomizerProviderImpl(CyCompName compName, CyInstBindContext ctx, String schName)
   at CyDesigner.Common.Db.CyS3Db.CyInst.GetCustomizerProvider(CyCompName compName, CyInstBindContext ctx, CyInstCustomizerProvider& custProvider)
   at CyDesigner.Common.Db.CyS3Db.CyInstCustomizerProvider.GetDesignWideComponent_v1(CyCompName compName, CyInstBindContext context)
   at CyDesigner.PSoC.P3Fit.Common.DesignWideResources.CyComponentsModel.GetIsDesignWideComponent(CyComponentMaster master, CyCompName compName, CyPrjMgmtProjectPSoCExe proj, CyElabInstBindContext context)
   at CyDesigner.PSoC.P3Fit.Common.DesignWideResources.CyComponentsModel.GetSelectedSupportedComponentsBySource()
   at CyDesigner.PSoC.P3Fit.Common.DesignWideResources.CyComponentsModel.GetSelectedSupportedComponents()
   at CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.DWR.CyDWRMgr.<get_DwInsts>d__a.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at CyDesigner.Gde.ComponentUpdateTool.CyCutDocument..ctor(CyPrjMgmtProjectPSoCExe owningPrj)
   at CyDesigner.Gde.ComponentUpdateTool.CyCutInputData..ctor(CyDesignerFramework fwk, IEnumerable`1 mgrs)
   at CyDesigner.Gde.Common.CyGdePlugin.UpdateCutStatusBarIcon(Boolean writeOutputMsg)
   at CyDesigner.Gde.Common.CyGdePlugin.mgr_CurrentWorkspaceChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at CyDesigner.Common.Base.CyBasic.RaiseEvent(EventHandler eventToRaise, Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)
   at CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.CyPrjMgr.OnCurrentWorkspaceChanged(EventArgs e)
   at CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.CyPrjMgr.set_CurrentWrkspc(CyPrjMgmtWrkspc value)
   at CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.CyPrjMgr.OpenWorkspace(CyPrjMgmtWrkspc workspace)
   at CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.CyPrjMgr.CheckandOpenWorkspace(String item)
   at CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.CyPrjMgr.OpenItem(String item)
   at CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.CyPrjMgr.LoadItemDeferred()
   at CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.CyPrjMgr.m_framework_Idled(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at CyDesigner.Common.Base.CyBasic.RaiseEvent(EventHandler eventToRaise, Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)
   at CyDesigner.Framework.CyDesignerFramework.ApplicationIdled(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at CyDesigner.Framework.Run.Main(String[] args)

0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Case Summary,

The project will workfine in PSoC Creator 3.0 SP2. Custom Library[kees] is causing  the error. Either update the component manually [automatic update will not work] or use the older version of PSoC Creator for this component.

Thanks

JOBIN GT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

It looks a bit like you are using Cypress Designer instead of Creator. Can it be that you have a wrong file association to the wrong program?

Try: Open Creator 3.3 -> File ->Open->Project/Workspace and select your last saved project.

Control the windows file settings for opening .cyprj and .cywrk files

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob thanks for the response.  This is not the case however.  It still crashes when I'm in Creator.  Here is the pastbin of the error since the forum is blocking me for spam:

http://pastebin.com/3RJyLawK

Any suggestions?  It won't open and I'm in Creator 3.3.

Environment:
PSoC Creator  3.3 CP3 (3.3.0.9604)
Culture: English (United States)
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
CLR Version: 4.0.30319.42000

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design support -> Create a Support Case" and ask your question. You will be helped by a Cypress engineer.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        thank you I will.   
0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Case Summary,

The project will workfine in PSoC Creator 3.0 SP2. Custom Library[kees] is causing  the error. Either update the component manually [automatic update will not work] or use the older version of PSoC Creator for this component.

Thanks

JOBIN GT

0 Likes