Reset input in Timer component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SuHe_1906486
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given
        Hello everyone, I was just trying work on Timers. I'm using Psoc5lp(CY8C5868LTI-038). I have checked the data sheet still doubt is not clarified. What input should be given to the "Reset" input terminal. Please provide more information. Thanks in advance.   
0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

Connect a logic zero component to the reset pin when you are not using this function. In the PSoC world all signals (except when extra specified) are active high. So when you want to use the reset functionality you can connect an internal signal. Keep in mind that reset is synchronous to the clock and must last for a low to high transition of the clock.

Bob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum.

Connect a logic zero component to the reset pin when you are not using this function. In the PSoC world all signals (except when extra specified) are active high. So when you want to use the reset functionality you can connect an internal signal. Keep in mind that reset is synchronous to the clock and must last for a low to high transition of the clock.

Bob

SuHe_1906486
Level 1
Level 1
        Thank you Bob...for your response. Your explanation helped me. I have another doubt. When the trigger mode in the timer is selected as "none" , when will the timer starts? I may ask some questions please bear me. Thank you in advance   
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The Timer_Start() API or Timer_Enable() API will start the timer.

Bob

SuHe_1906486
Level 1
Level 1
        Ohh okay . Thank you Bob. I was trying to decode pwm from Futaba receiver(R617FS). MY doubt is, when all of the 3 options, Tc, Capture, and on FiFO full is enabled for interrupt.....can I know in the interrupt service routine that what was the source for the current interrupt. Thank you in advance   
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The Timer_ReadStatusRegister() API will provide you with the information which event(s) have triggered the interrupt.

Bob