Handling parameter interdependencies

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to mandate the value of a symbol parameter depending on the setting of another parameter?    What I mean is

- ParmA:     true/false as set in instance

- ParmB:     force false if A is false, otherwise, true/false as set in instance

Is issuing a validator error the best that can be done or is there a way to write a formula for B to force or take the setting?

It is clear that this is possible by using component customizers, but I understand the direction is to discouraged it's use and are unsupported. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

I'm using Creator 4.1,

Attached is a  test where i set the ParamB to false by default, then set it to read only if ParamA is false using a ternary operator $ParamA == false ? true : false on the Read-only field, if ParamA is true then you can change ParamB value.

See attached image and project.

Hope it helps

Carlos

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

I'm using Creator 4.1,

Attached is a  test where i set the ParamB to false by default, then set it to read only if ParamA is false using a ternary operator $ParamA == false ? true : false on the Read-only field, if ParamA is true then you can change ParamB value.

See attached image and project.

Hope it helps

Carlos

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

One caveat with my test:

When you drop the component on the schematic ParamB is false as you asked, then you can set ParamA to true, with this ParamB can change it's value, lets say you set it to true, then set ParamA to false and ParamB becomes read-only but it's still set to true not false as you requested.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carlos, I see what you are doing.   I got to the conclusion that it is not really possible, but on the other hand,  I think just using error warnings seems to work well enough.

Thank you

0 Likes