PSoC Creator 4.1: "No code example has been selected"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BuHa_1507271
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I can't seem to get 4.1 to work creating one of the sample projects...  E.g.:

1. File/New/Project

2. Target Kit: (Last used: CY8KIT-059 (PSoC 5LP) [Next]

3. Choose "Code Example" [Next]

4. Choose "USBFS_AUDIO_PSoC3_5LP" [Next]

Observed: Message saying "No code example has been selected",  title: PSocCreator Error prj.M0292.   Details say: The current step in the new project creation wizard contains errors. You cannot continue to the next page until they are fixed. See the error message for details.

This seems to work in PSoC Creator 3.3 SP 2

0 Likes
1 Solution
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Sorry about this one - it is a defect and we are preparing a new release to improve it. We have moved our code example support to a web-based system and the tool thinks that the selected project is not available. It is a poor message that should just tell you to fetch the example. To do that click on the green-blue globe icon next to the project you want and it will download in just a few seconds. Then you should be able to proceed the way you are accustomed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Sorry about this one - it is a defect and we are preparing a new release to improve it. We have moved our code example support to a web-based system and the tool thinks that the selected project is not available. It is a poor message that should just tell you to fetch the example. To do that click on the green-blue globe icon next to the project you want and it will download in just a few seconds. Then you should be able to proceed the way you are accustomed.

0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hey Burt,

It is a terrible error message, but what you need to do is click on the little globe to the left so the code example gets downloaded.  We implemented this so we could

a) deliver new code examples and code example/documentation updates without a new release of Creator.
b) Ditto components and component datasheets
c) reduce the size of the overall download when releasing Creator

We'll fix the error message in Update 1 and "hopefully" just automatically download it when you press OK.
If we don't get the automatic download by Update 1, we'll have it in a future release.

Yeah, embarrassing issue.  Sorry about that.

--Matt

mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Mark's explanation was better, but I used more words. So I got that going for me....

0 Likes

Thanks to both of you.

0 Likes