Not able to scan BLE mac starting with 12:3B:6A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am using BLE device CYBLE-212019 and i am scanning continuously for beacons. I am seeing strange behavior. I am able to see all type of beacons around me but BLE beacons starting with MAC 12:3B:6A are not seen. CY5677 CySmart BLE 4.2 USB Dongle is able to scan and find that device. Is there any filter setting which i need to disable. Scan settings are "Discover Procedure" General, Scanning State "Active" and Filter Policy is "ALL". Am I am missing any filter settings? Any suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks,

Mritunjay  

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Mritunjay ,

Can you please check what is the Discovery mode of the peripheral with address 12:3B:6A.... ?

If the discovery mode could be limited / non-discoverable (Broadcasting) . In that case if your Central have to receive the adv packet from that peripheral, central should do observation procedure.

For that please add the below code in your central project before start scan API.

cyBle_discoveryInfo.discProcedure=CYBLE_GAPC_OBSER_PROCEDURE;

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, that MAC OUI isn't listed to a particular company 😞

Could there be code running that is filtering the results in your application? The component settings sound perfectly fine to me. But, it is possible to write application code on the device that filters/modifies the BLE stack processing/results.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Mritunjay ,

Can you please check what is the Discovery mode of the peripheral with address 12:3B:6A.... ?

If the discovery mode could be limited / non-discoverable (Broadcasting) . In that case if your Central have to receive the adv packet from that peripheral, central should do observation procedure.

For that please add the below code in your central project before start scan API.

cyBle_discoveryInfo.discProcedure=CYBLE_GAPC_OBSER_PROCEDURE;

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes