Annoyed we need to change to competitor processor now

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

After spending quite some time getting familiar with the PSOC, it is frustrating nopw having to move awayv from PSOC to competitoe processor (Looking at maybe the STM32). Lead time on the 4200 is now 23 weeks and I have upcoming orders for hundres of our systems and cannot get the micro.

The long lead times from Microchip was the catalyst that caused a processor switch to the PSOC and now have to move on againg for same reason. Really annoyed with this.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Try getting in contact with Customer Care. Email to be found uas link under the "... please tell us"

Bob

0 Likes
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I received the 23 week lead time as a response to my ticket. The lead time comes from Cypress.

Just wondering if a similar 4200 is available maybe in TQFP (instead of SSOP) that is either manufactured in larger volumes or has more held stock at distributors? Changing the board layout should be ok. I did not there are plenty of the 44 pin device available but this is large compared to the 48 pin version and may not fit in our small product.

I managed to obtain 460 devices from local Element 14 and rattled up 200 more from our own stock I can send to our assemblers.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Actual lead time for Cypress products is here.

Bob

PS: Can you provide me with a link to your product?

0 Likes