em_eeprom for CY8C4125LQI-S433

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Why can't I place the EEPROM simulation on the PSOC 4100S?

I need this PSCO for his 5 PWM devices but I need also the EEPROM. I could use it whithout problems on my old projects with the PSOC 4100.

Thanks for you quick reply

Regards Juan-Carlos

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Quite difficult to corrupt the PSoC chip. Worst that may happen is that your project does not run as expected. Have a look into the "System Reference Guide" (from Creator Help) and look for restrictions of flash writing for your chip.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DaBr_1233126
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Since this is just an API, have you tried just moving the files from the generated section into headers and source folders in the project then change the Device and delete the then incompatible component?  I would think the code will still work fine.  Worth a try anyhow...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer.

Wat I wonder is why, if I copy the block in my project the schematic tag the ee-prom as incompatible. If it's a bug, I go and try you proposal. What if I corrupt the chip?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Quite difficult to corrupt the PSoC chip. Worst that may happen is that your project does not run as expected. Have a look into the "System Reference Guide" (from Creator Help) and look for restrictions of flash writing for your chip.

Bob

0 Likes
EmHo_296241
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

Check the flash write code example too.