Peripheral UART programing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried to use PIN Tx(32), Rx(33) as UART bus for communication between 20732A0 and laptop.

But I don't see test pattern, i.e. 'u' (0x55), showing correctly from my console or even signal scope.

Question from my side:

1. What's the correct initialization steps for peripheral uart? Any conflict between bleapp_set_cfg(xx,xx,xx, hello_sensor_puart_cfg,xx,xx) and 'puart_selectUartPads(33, 32, 0, 0)?

2. What's the correct setting on variable 'bleapp_trace_enable', if we want peripheral UART to be purely managed by our application not infected by BLE stock program.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this helps with your laptop situation, but here's the code I adapted from some sample code in the datasheet that works with communicating with an Arduino via the Peripheral UART:

odbol/broadcom-wiced-ble-uart · GitHub

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can somebody comment on this?

BTW, I've also checked some discussion for redirecting the debugging to peripheral UART. Can someone comment if both UART can be used specifically, i.e. HCI UART for debugging and peripheral UART for application communication?

If yes, then what's concerning to 2 questions in original post.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this helps with your laptop situation, but here's the code I adapted from some sample code in the datasheet that works with communicating with an Arduino via the Peripheral UART:

odbol/broadcom-wiced-ble-uart · GitHub

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi odbol,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Though I've moved such communication to SPI bus, I'll try UART based on your sample code.

0 Likes