error while debugging

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

I tried to make the changes with reference to the link---Creating and/or Editing Debug Configurations  .But I am getting error like "no source available".I have attached the screen shot .Can anyone help me how to resolve this issue or else how to setup debug environment completely.

I am using wiced sdk 4.1.0

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest you to first compile the make-target before you go for debug configurations. The .elf used will be the last successful built snip/demo application. Please let us know which platform and snip applications you are using for us to give some more suggestions.

0 Likes

Hi rash

I try to build the test.console ofr LSRSTERLING_00950 with the debug option , and I get this:

Making test.console-LSRSTERLING_00950-debug.elf

c:/wiced-eclipse/workspace/43xxx_wi-fi/tools/arm_gnu/bin/win32/arm-none-eabi-ld.exe: build/test.console-LSRSTERLING_00950-debug/binary/test.console-LSRSTERLING_00950-debug.elf section `.text' will not fit in region `APP_CODE'

c:/wiced-eclipse/workspace/43xxx_wi-fi/tools/arm_gnu/bin/win32/arm-none-eabi-ld.exe: region `APP_CODE' overflowed by 74240 bytes

make.exe[1]: *** [build/test.console-LSRSTERLING_00950-debug/binary/test.console-LSRSTERLING_00950-debug.elf] Error 1

tools/makefiles/wiced_elf.mk:262: recipe for target 'build/test.console-LSRSTERLING_00950-debug/binary/test.console-LSRSTERLING_00950-debug.elf' failed

Makefile:330: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

make.exe[1]: Target 'test.console-LSRSTERLING_00950-debug' not remade because of errors

I still can't find the way to setup a debug session. what is missing in the make configuration and what should be the debug configuration in eclipse.

please advise,

Arie

0 Likes

Hi Arie,

You must create new discussions for your questions.

You can do it by select Actions->Create....

BR.

Darius

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Arie,

Mostly this is because the platform which you are using don't have enough memory to fit the console and WL tool. I think you have enabled the following macro in you .mk file

#==============================================================================

# Wl tool inclusion

#==============================================================================

# Platforms & combinations with enough memory to fit WL tool, can declare CONSOLE_ENABLE_WL := 1

CONSOLE_ENABLE_WL ?= 1

# Enable wl commands which require large data buffer. ex: wl curpower, wl dump ampdu, ...

# set WL_COMMAND_LARGE_BUFFER=1 to enable this. Default is disabled.

WL_COMMAND_LARGE_BUFFER ?= 1

Can you provide your platform details? Also disable the above macro and test the app. Also check with snip.scan application.