How can i improve or change the bluetooth transmit power ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In our custom board, we are using BCM43455 and our BSP is based on kernel version 4.1. And we are using brcmfmac driver from 4.1 kernel with additional patches.

I am facing some glitches in the Bluetooth playback. if the custom board is closed or covered by hands while playback, the audio playback is interrupted with glitches.

Even though the device and Bluetooth speaker are fairly near, if we cover the device in hands audio playback is interrupted.

Can I get some information about how to improve the Bluetooth Tx signal power ?. Can I update or increase the Bluetooth tx signal ?. Is this software or driver controllable?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

azeem_2640131

AS of now, there is no function to change the Tx power from the application.

The Tx power is set to a high value by default. So, I do not think changing the Tx power will solve your issue. Are you sure that your RF circuitry has no errors?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

azeem_2640131

AS of now, there is no function to change the Tx power from the application.

The Tx power is set to a high value by default. So, I do not think changing the Tx power will solve your issue. Are you sure that your RF circuitry has no errors?

0 Likes