Can't get com port connection on windows 10, WICED studio 5.0.1.9, and BCM94343WWCD1_EVB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When I plug in my BCM94343WWCD1_EVB (BCM94343WWCD1_EVB Evaluation and Development Kit | Cypress Semiconductor ) the quick start guide says I should see both a device and a COM port connection.  The only thing I can seem to get under the device manager in windows 10 is two "Other devices" both called "WICED Eval Board" and both having a yellow triangle with exclamation point saying I don' have the drivers installed.  When I installed 5.0.1.9 WICED studio I think it tried installing drivers, and I've since tried every possible inf and installer I can find and nothing seems to work. 

I've also tried a windows 7 enterprise machine, and it also gave errors on installation of 5.0.1.9 studio, and also only shows those two devices under "other devices".

So is there something wrong with the hardware eval board that it isn't even connecting properly as a serial device?  I do see a few flickers on the UART LED on the board, and I did check the appendix in the quick start and it said to check the 3v3 led was lit. It is lit and 5V is NOT lit. 

Any ideas?  I'm dying here.  Thanks!

Justin

1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hi Justin,

I have a solution in mind. Go to the installation directory of your wiced sdk. Please follow the following path

<WICED-Studio-5.0\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\drivers\BCM94343WWCD1_EVB> . You should get dpinst, dpinst*64. Based on your system architecture, install either one of those. If you are having a 64 bit machine use the dpinst*64 driver.  If this does not solve the issue for you, please feel free to reach out to me.

Regards,

Raktim

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hi Justin,

I have a solution in mind. Go to the installation directory of your wiced sdk. Please follow the following path

<WICED-Studio-5.0\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\drivers\BCM94343WWCD1_EVB> . You should get dpinst, dpinst*64. Based on your system architecture, install either one of those. If you are having a 64 bit machine use the dpinst*64 driver.  If this does not solve the issue for you, please feel free to reach out to me.

Regards,

Raktim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhhh, thank you!!!!!  That worked!  I didn't think to look all around there for other driver folders.  Note that in my version of the studio the path was:

C:\Users\celtofj\Documents\WICED-Studio-5.0\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\drivers\BCM9WCD1EVAL1

and I used the 64 bit version and then the com port showed up perfectly along with the WICED USB JTAG Port. 

Thanks again!!!