Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_108962310
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

What is the required process for setting the country code of the wifi radio in a 43362 based radio?

Can wwd_set_country() be called at any time? If so, is there a de-init and re-init process required? Is a device reset strictly required to set the code reliably?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Country code setting dynamically is not possible in WICED. Once the firmware downloaded it will configure the values taking from the dct.  It is not possible to change the country code unless you reboot the board.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
0 Likes

In my case, I need to be able to set the country code at runtime specifically, and setting it at compile-time will not be a sufficient solution.

There is already a facility for the user to provide the country information to the system before attempting a wifi AP connection. And I know that we can change the value in dct_wifi_config to change the operation.

I was hoping to get some clarification on what is strictly required and what is recommended to make this change at runtime.

And to slightly complicate things, we are on an ancient version of the SDK (3.1.2) and the wifi FW that is bundled therein. (I think it is updated in later versions of the SDK?)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Country code setting dynamically is not possible in WICED. Once the firmware downloaded it will configure the values taking from the dct.  It is not possible to change the country code unless you reboot the board.

Excellent, that is the answer I was looking for.

Now it means that we have to do the more complicated workaround to deal with this, since we want to be able to support 802.11n-only networks out of the box, but the device needs to know its correct country code first.

0 Likes