Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

I am using the ‘AES-EVB-BCM4343W-G’ with ‘WICED 5.0’ trying to load an application to the ‘Factory Reset Application' in the external flash using the script ‘Avnet IoT Starter Kit App Reflash’, the document ‘WICED-AN800-R-Factory-Programming’ in chapter 3.3 ‘OCD Command-line External Flash Programming’ provides a script than stores to the external flash, but until now I haven’t been able to found the address than the script needs for storing a file in the Factory Reset Application external flash. Any idea where can I found this data? Thanks!

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you add "VERBOSE=1" to your build string, you will find it in the console output. You also need to add FR_APP variable to your makefile (see snip/ota_fr.mk).

For example, here's my console output:

echo Downloading FR_APP build/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX/binary/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX.stripped.elf at sector 1  address 4096...

Downloading FR_APP build/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX/binary/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX.stripped.elf at sector 1 address 4096...

"./tools/OpenOCD/Linux64/openocd-all-brcm-libftdi" -s "./tools/OpenOCD/scripts" -f ./tools/OpenOCD/scripts/interface/stlink-v2.cfg -f ./tools/OpenOCD/scripts/target/stm32f4x.cfg -f apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl -c "sflash_write_file build/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX/binary/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX.stripped.elf 4096 VIT_AVN-SDIO 0 0" -c shutdown >> build/openocd_log.txt 2>&1

You will see that the script that controls the factory reset image download is apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl. The command it executes is sflash_write_file.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you add "VERBOSE=1" to your build string, you will find it in the console output. You also need to add FR_APP variable to your makefile (see snip/ota_fr.mk).

For example, here's my console output:

echo Downloading FR_APP build/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX/binary/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX.stripped.elf at sector 1  address 4096...

Downloading FR_APP build/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX/binary/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX.stripped.elf at sector 1 address 4096...

"./tools/OpenOCD/Linux64/openocd-all-brcm-libftdi" -s "./tools/OpenOCD/scripts" -f ./tools/OpenOCD/scripts/interface/stlink-v2.cfg -f ./tools/OpenOCD/scripts/target/stm32f4x.cfg -f apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl -c "sflash_write_file build/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX/binary/Arc-VIT_AVN-ThreadX.stripped.elf 4096 VIT_AVN-SDIO 0 0" -c shutdown >> build/openocd_log.txt 2>&1

You will see that the script that controls the factory reset image download is apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl. The command it executes is sflash_write_file.