AES-EVB-BCM4343W-G : WICED 5.0 : Extract Factory Reset application once running application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm ussing the AES-EVB-BCM4343W-G with WICED 5.0, I want to force the extraction of the factory reset application once application is running, like calling a function or something similar, does someone has been able to do something like that? I have read the documentation but haven't find something different beside pressing the reset button for 10 seconds to do that.

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say extract do you mean replace the firmware currently running with the factory reset app? Or do you mean you just want to read it to memory?

If it's the first case, you can see apps/waf/bootloader/bootloader.c (since your board doesn't support OTA2, otherwise see apps/waf/ota2_bootloader/ota2_bootloader.c) and figure out how they extract the image and replace the currently running app with the extracted one.

If it's the second case, my guess is that you have to call some filesystem API and get that image chunk by chunk. I can elaborate more if you want.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say extract do you mean replace the firmware currently running with the factory reset app? Or do you mean you just want to read it to memory?

If it's the first case, you can see apps/waf/bootloader/bootloader.c (since your board doesn't support OTA2, otherwise see apps/waf/ota2_bootloader/ota2_bootloader.c) and figure out how they extract the image and replace the currently running app with the extracted one.

If it's the second case, my guess is that you have to call some filesystem API and get that image chunk by chunk. I can elaborate more if you want.

0 Likes