CYW4343W simultaneously in AP and STA using 'wl' utility

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are trying to use the Murata 1DX module as a Wi-Fi repeater.

Is it possible to configure the CYW4343W  to act simultaneously as STA and AP using the 'wl' utility?

If yes - what is the example configuration. I would imagine there will be two interfaces configured - wlan0 and wlan1 - one for the STA and one for the AP.

If this is not the correct way to implement a Wi-Fi repeater with the Murata 1DX module, what is it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
16 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding ghouse​ and skerr_1713761​ from Murata.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A driver to support this functionality is underdevelopment and it is expected to be available around July time frame.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear ghouse, does it support now?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@michael_1749106 There is a new FMAC driver release from Cypress supports this. Currently this has not been integrated and documented. I am hearing that more wider availability of integrated release and documentation would be available around Q3 timeframe.

0 Likes

hi,

is there any news here ? i'm looking for the BCM43438 support for simultaneous AP/STA

thanks

best regards

0 Likes
user_1696076
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted Welcome!

Hi

Is there any update on this topic ?

is FMAC now supporting concurrent AP/STA ?

is it WICED supporting this ?

is there a dependency on the radio chip that is used ? or would this feature be only SW dependent ?

Thanks

0 Likes

As this does not appear to be a Murata HW question, I am moving to the General Linux support forum and adding vnak​ from the Applications team.

0 Likes

hi ,

The question is for WICED not linux.

regards,
Arnaud

0 Likes

Which EVK are you leveraging which uses the Murata 1DX under WICED?  Future Nebula?

The original question/topic was centered around Linux and the FMAC driver.  For a WICED related question, please create a new thread here: WICED Studio Wi-Fi/Combo Forums​ or here if you are using the Future Nebula EVK: Future Connectivity Solutions

0 Likes
ArnaudJ_61
Employee
Employee
First comment on blog First reply posted 25 sign-ins

this is correct

0 Likes

Post a question here: Future Connectivity Solutions​ and I will ask someone to respond.

0 Likes

OK, I created this post : https://community.cypress.com/message/158456#158456

We also asked about this feature using FMAC on Linux :

is FMAC now supporting concurrent AP/STA ?

is there a dependency on the radio chip or EVK that is used ? or would this feature be only SW dependent ?

0 Likes

If I'm not mistaken, the name we give this feature is "SoftAP" (SoftAP - Wikipedia)

CYW43XX SoftAP Functionality Application Note (Linux Centric AppNote, the WL commands are documented here: CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems​)

I believe there is a limitation of 5 Clients (use the search and you will find several threads on the topic)

Within WICED 5.x, the SofAP apps included (these should still be in SDK 6.x):

pastedImage_0.png

Adding: lazina.rahman_1486086inoue_tomohiro_1742091

0 Likes
FrKi_1884701
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Can someone confirm that the FMAC is now supporting concurrent AP/STA ?

I am using a Murata Type 1DX with a CYW4343 chipset.

I cannot find any information on how to have two interfaces in Linux (wlan0 & wlan1)

Thanks.

Update:

For anyone searching, I managed to do AP and STA mode using two interfaces and the following command:

iw dev wlan0 interface add wlan1 type managed

Thanks for the tip.
May I ask you which kernel are you using and if you use a particular version of FMAC driver? frkic_1884701

0 Likes
RoCh_2868046
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes received First like received Welcome!

Hello,

Have a look at this post: Re: Issue on Wireless AP & STA mode on BCM43455 . This has a guide document that steps you through the process of setting up concurrent AP/STA modes. Hopefully this can hep you out.

Thanks.

0 Likes